We deliver evidence-based clarity on customer-facing growth challenges. Our aim is to give our clients the insight that informs management decisions and frames marketing and operations investments. We allow management to focus boldly on priority initiatives to grow brands and organisations.
Forethought is a brand growth firm. We solve customer-facing growth challenges for ambitious brands by using science to understand consumer behavior and decisions.
Simply said, we reveal and turn the hierarchy of consumer choice drivers into meaningful opportunities for brands to gain and retain customers.
We deliver evidence-based clarity, giving clients courage to focus boldly on priority growth challenges.
We answered our first client question in 1994 and are still committed to revealing the motivational triggers that drive consumption and brand choice for our clients. Anchored by data we bring insight, focus and momentum to:
- Drive brand,
- Activate communications,
- Product and pricing strategy and demand forecasting; and
- Orchestrate customer experience programs.
Running parallel with behavioural economics, our approach draws from psychology (cognitive, emotional and societal) and micro-economic theory, maintaining a watching brief on neuroscience. This underpins our advanced research and analytics capability to explore and advise how brands affect us consciously and non-consciously and provides sharp focus to customer strategy.
We call our approach Market Growth Design. Our aim is to make consumer insight and action compellingly clear and possible.
A Few Recent Highlights
- Twice runner-up in the global capstone award for marketing science, MSI Practice Prize, most recently for the research which underpinned the revitalisation of Kmart Australia (2014) and previously for Jetstar’s growth trajectory,
- Winner of the Gold David Ogilvy Award from the USA based Advertising Research Foundation for research in communications,
- Winner of the AHRI Sir Ken Robinson Award for Workplace Flexibility,
- Finalist in the WARC Innovation Award for advertising research methodology,
- Winner of the AMSRS Award for Innovation in Research Methods; and
- Winner of the AMSRS Award for Commercial Effectiveness.